Consumer Privacy and Security Policy
Last Updated: April 10, 2018
Information We May Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, employment history and email address (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). PII could also be information you provide with respect to others, such as co-borrowers.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also collect information such as demographic data, data about your online activity, and other information which could not be used to identify you (collectively, “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “NPII”).
- Information: PII and NPII are known together as “Information”.
How We Collect Information
- Information provided by you: Information is collected from you when you enter information in connection with an inquiry into our services. This Information could be provided via an online application form, over the phone, or via other means in which you interact with our services.
- Information from service providers: Information is collected from third party service providers, such as credit bureaus and service providers who may have data on your financial profile, home, or other demographic information.
How We Use Your Information
In General: We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you request;
- Improve customer service;
- Improve our Site;
- Personalize your user experience;
- Communicate with you about products or services provided by Lenderful and Lenderful Affiliates that may be of interest to you; and
- Manage our business.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Lenderful Affiliates: Lenderful does not share your information with outside companies for their promotional use. We may, however, share your Information with Lenderful Affiliates in order for them to communicate any special offers on other products or services being offered.
- Service Partners: In submitting an inquiry for a loan product or other service provided through this Site, you agree that Lenderful may share your Information with lenders and other third parties which provide services to our consumers (including, for example, real estate brokers and agents) in our network (collectively, “Service Partners”) to deliver the products and services you requested. PLEASE NOTE: the Service Partners with which you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services. You should contact these Service Partners directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
- Lenderful Vendors: We may share your Information with vendors that perform certain services on our behalf (“Lenderful Vendors”) including, but not limited to, credit bureaus, marketing partners, or entities providing business analysis and/or website or product support.
- Other Situations: We may also disclose your Information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Lenderful Affiliates, our users, our employees, or others; or to enforce our Site’s terms and condition or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving Lenderful or any Lenderful Affiliate, such as a sale of Lenderful or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing or regulatory requirements regarding the reporting of Information contained in the loan inquiries we receive from you. You authorize Lenderful to obtain any and all required information from the Service Partners you were matched with in order for Lenderful to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators. This information could include, but is not necessarily limited to, the loan you selected and the terms of the loan you selected.
- We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in our discretion.
- Unsubscribe: If at any time you do not wish to receive communications from Lenderful or its Affiliates. In addition, you may email MyMortgage@lenderful.com to unsubscribe. There may be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails sent from Lenderful or the Lenderful Affiliates.
How We Protect Your Information
- General Protocols. We take what we believe to be industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We also require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls and other intrusion detection and prevention controls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Information.
- Secure Web Pages, Encryption and Firewall Protection. Lenderful uses well-known and vetted security technologies to protect your data and transmissions between you, Lenderful and its Service Partners, and such transmissions are encrypted using public key cryptography algorithms with a minimum key size of 128 bits. Those pages on the Lenderful Site that ask for your personal information are delivered to your browser through HTTPS, a secure server communications layer. Transmission between your browser and our web server, including when you send your personal financial information to us, is implemented using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts it, making the information unreadable by anyone except Lenderful. SSL does not allow anyone to intercept and read your personal information; only we can decode the encryption.You can verify that your communications with Lenderful are secure by checking for the key or lock icon on your browser. If your browser’s security feature has been turned on, a pop up box will notify you when you enter a secure page. Extended Validation SSL Certificates give high-security Web browsers information to clearly identify a Web site’s organizational identity. High security browsers and Extended Validation SSL Certificates provide third-party verification with a visual display (Green address bar) that gives consumers confidence and thereby builds trust in Lenderful. An Extended Validation SSL Certificate helps our web visitors complete secure transmissions with confidence. Another important information security measure in place throughout the Websites is the timeout feature. This feature will log you out if there has been no activity within a specified amount of time.Lenderful has also implemented firewall protection features. Firewalls are special purpose devices that protect and screen-out malicious attempts to access information and networks. Lenderful deploys firewalls at several points in its environment, including between you and the webserver, the database servers, and Lenderful’s internal production networks.
- Disclaimer. No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your Information, we cannot guarantee that your Information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her PII without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PII from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
How to Contact Us
35 W. Huron St., 10th Floor
Pontiac, Michigan 48342